Monday, March 15, 2010

Sit-rep...or, how things are going today...

Well, contrary to my thoughts last night, El Husbando and Twin#1 did *NOT* explode simultaneously last night. No sponaneous combustion...nada.

Child #1, however, exploded just after midnight. Fortunately, only a few times, and she made it to the bathroom. She is having a slow day.

Twin #2 is sleeping again. He fell asleep on the carpet in the dining room, and I carted him off. Twin #1 is busy plaguing his sisters in their room.

I am doing laundry and cleaning and otherwise supervising the ill offspring.

Supercow, put back into the pasture this morning, is now back into the yard. It will make the manure removal easier, at least, in so far as getting it and putting it on the garden is concerned. But still. I also need to clean out the coop...still...but we're waiting on that a wee while longer.

Our mouse issue in the feed room (did I mention that I hate mice?) is settling down. The bait packs I put out must be doing their work. Well, I'm all about overkill when it comes to pestilence bearing rodents, so I put ten packs out. Hey, I saw probably 30 mice Saturday night! No, not the same one 30 times. UGH.

Before you ask, yes, the feed is kept "put up". But the little boogers don't give up trying. And, while I would prefer to use a trap and drown them (I am planning on getting one of those "catches 20mice" traps Lehman's sells, bungee cording it shut, and tossing it into the pond for a quarter hour or so...pull it out, dump out the mice, and go on about my day), I do not already have the trap, and would therefore have to wait until I did. Bait traps work better, and more surely. I will undoubtedly need to reapply the bait before too much longer, but I'm trying to take care of it now...

Let's see...what else is going on? If we still have sick children tomorrow, I am going to be cancelling our long-scheduled dinner with our priest, much as I hate to do it. I cannot risk him getting a bug from my children. Not ever, but especially not at this time of year, with Easter so close, and so much going on at the parish between now and then...

If you all could please pray for us, in general, not just about the sickness, that would be...much appreciated...

I do hope that you all are having a good start to your week...

No comments:

Post a Comment