Monday, November 16, 2009

I have a friend who loves penguins...these reminded me of her...and her family (a large one)....salt and pepper shakers...
I have no idea what these are for, except looking at...An angel fish made of lettuce? An onion kitty? Weenie dogs made of bananas? I think that the apple was a mouse...the owl made of apples?

Not to mention the rabbits made from carrots (and another lettuce angelfish)...

I love the frog. I have another friend who is a frog fan...lol...nothing like a frog made from a cucumber....


Penguins from an eggplant? Oh--and a corner of a cat made from watermelon... I love the "Not a toy, For Adult Use Only" tag. I don't know what an adult would do with them--look at them on a what not shelf? Put them on a windowsill? Dust them infrequently? Cute as they are, though, I decided against starting a new collection...lol...."Animals made from Vegetables". Sure I'm going to find plenty of new things to add to *that* collection...(I have a friend with a turreen--a bunny made from assorted garden veggies)...
Whew...There were a ton of other things I looooved. Some beautiful plates I thought would beautiful in S's kitchen. Some other dishes I thought would have looked lovely in another colorway (they were bird toile, squarish, on an offwhite or white background)...I wouldn't have minded them the way that they were, but it would have been nicer for my house, in a different color...sigh...
Next up, the thrift store loot....

No comments:

Post a Comment