Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More art I love...

These are a few of my favorite works of art for the home. I like to put artwork on the walls that shows the kind of life I want for us, for our family. Kind of an inspirational, "keep where you want to end up before your eyes"...



The first painting is by Pierre-Auguste Renoir...the rather obvious "Two Girls Reading"....






This painting below is one I like...the ocean in the background, the detail in the light curtains at the window...you can feel the breeze coming in, smell the ocean...a delightful looking spot to sit and read a spell...painted by Charles Lewis, this one is entitled, "Reading by the Window Hastings"...



This one below, by Sir Walter Firle, is a print I actually have framed, in my home. It goes by a few different names, it seems, but one of the most common seems to be "The Fairy Tale". I especially like this one, because of the three girls. Having three daughters myself, I can see this happening all the time...on my couch (although it isn't as pretty as this one, it is green. Ish.). And I have geraniums. Although my girls aren't blondes. But they are cuuuuuutttte (if I do say so myself).


I've got some other art, that when/if I can find them online, I'll post them here. But here are a few of my faves, that I thought I would share...hope you enjoyed them...





No comments:

Post a Comment